LIFE Scholarship Foundation, Inc’s core focus is in the areas of higher education and mentorship. Our organization creates higher education opportunities for cancer patients and/or survivors and their families. Please view our following programs to see how you and your family can benefit and get involved with LIFE.
Under the 2017 program, three (3) $1,500 scholarships will be awarded. The award(s) may be increased depending on the availability of program funds. Application window is OPEN through June 30, 2017.
The purpose of the scholarship program is to create higher education opportunities for cancer patients and/or survivors and their families by providing financial support to attend accredited colleges and universities within the United States of America. Under the 2017 program, three (3) $1,500 scholarships will be awarded. The award(s) may be increased depending on the availability of program funds. The scholarship may be renewed for the following year provided the award recipient meets the conditions outlined below under Scholarship Renewal.
- Be a cancer survivor or current patient or has a parent (or guardian) that is a cancer survivor or patient;
- Be between the ages of 18-35 (an exception may be made if the applicant is 17 and entering college in the Fall 2016 semester);
- Have been accepted as a full-time student at an accredited college or university within the U.S.;
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale;
- Be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States;
- Provide two (2) reference letters, which can be either personal or academic;
- Submit a personal essay of at least 500 words answering one of the following:
(1) How have you used or plan to use your cancer experience to impact the lives of others affected by cancer?
(2) Describe how your experience with cancer has impacted your life and the pursuit of a higher education.
How to Apply
Mail completed application and supporting documents to:
LIFE Scholarship Foundation, Inc.
Attn: Selection Committee
P.O. Box 290078
Brooklyn, New York 11229
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 718-759-6028.
In addition to college scholarships, our organization will offer mentoring to selected applicants beginning with the 2017 academic year. Our highly selected and knowledgable mentors with various backgrounds will be carefully matched to provide additional support to college students while transitioning from high school into college and beyond.
Some of the benefits include:
- Personal one-on-one teachings with your mentor that will be conducted in-person, by email and phone;
- Opportunities to receiving funding to study abroad;
- Assistance with internship and job search.